Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

G2 115 HO - Code 2 Excessive Knock - RPM Reduction

New G2 motor purchased Jan 20 - has had full service after 10 months at 70 hours EMM checked for new updates. The motor is well looked after.

Motor been running well until yesterday (3 months after being serviced) and now at 95 hours.

Was out on 30 NM easy going ocean round trip (4 days prior to this trip I had done a 75 NM round trip with no issues and travelled majority of distance at approx 20-26 knots) Yesterday's travel speed mainly around 18 knots but when, toward end of trip, opened throttle to plane at 21-23 knots, motor ran for approx 1 minute and then changed tone and slowed down of own accord and gave error code red warning:

Code 2 Excessive Knock - RPM Reduction

Did not check the RPM at point that I got the error message, but turned off motor waited a while checked for any strange smoke, fuel gauges etc with no immedaiate sign/concerns. Started motor again, no problem and then set up on plane again at 15 knots - motor ran fine until I raised speed to approx 21-23 knots and got same issue and error message.

Do not believe it is a bad fuel issue, as we purchase same fuel from local (Auckland NZ) fuel station and never had fuel issues before.

Can anyone help with this fault code - I cannot seem to find anyone else with the "...2.." fault code?

Captain

Re: G2 115 HO - Code 2 Excessive Knock - RPM Reduction

Code '2' indicates the knock is at cylinder #2. 

Straight from service manual:

"Code number indicates affected cylinder. 20 knock events in 100 combustion cycles with maximum correction applied. Make sure sensor is securely fastened to the cylinder head. Check timing adjustment. Test fuel and cooling systems. Check fuel quality."

Mate

Re: G2 115 HO - Code 2 Excessive Knock - RPM Reduction

Tbks Nordman - will check and feedback