Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

G2 175hp 2017 issues

Hi folks,

I’m new to this motor and I’m getting frustrated with the little bugs and my service support.

Have a new 175hp 2017 G2 on my 23’ bay boat. After receiving the boat and dropping it in the water I immediately noticed the Fuel, Speed and Hours were not working. I have Trim, Temp and RPM. It was Memorial Day weekend so I chose to fuel up and keep topped off. Everything went fine. Wanted a 2 stroke because I like the hull shot to plane in a choppy bay. I held off on taking it right back as it is in the water in my back yard and I needed to arrange timing for bottom paint and other rigging. The next week I’m about to hop on to plane as I’m leaving to fish and the RPM’s dives… I rest it and restart and it starts then shuts down. With an eclectic burning smell…. Take it out and find it’s a burn starter. (Always started on crank one in one fast turn). Now lets jump to service. Apparently the new dealer I have purchased it from is not up to date on the newest generation (not enough classroom time to have the newest software). So they take it from Miami to St. Augustine to the parent shop. Comes back with a new starter and they are clueless why it burnt out. Buuuut the gauges issues are not fixed and still are not. It was my birthday weekend when it returned and has been running well until last week. I get a code 34 oil fault engine shutdown mode… its reading 25% oil. So I get home at 1100 RMP and fill the oil to make sure and yes I was at about 25% based on my refill. Figure, oh boy here we go now I have to top off the oil every time I go out until these folks can fix my other gauges. Yesterday I was 5 miles across the bay running nicely at 4500 RPM and 151 degrees. Anyone want to guess what happened??? Code 34!!! 5 miles in nasty bay chop at 1100 RPM’s… any input is appreciated. TY

Admiral

Re: G2 175hp 2017 issues

We are so sorry to hear of your experiences with your new Evinrude. Please send an email with the engine serial number to  brp.care@brp.com and include the dealer name and your contact information. They will investigate for you and advise.

Again, please accept our apologies because your expectations have not been met at this time.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

The code 34 experienced means Oil Solenoid Open Circuit detected.  The on-engine oil level would have no bearing upon this fault being displayed.

I would suggest a close examination of the connector at the oiler.

Captain

Hello,

I have my evinrude e-tec G2 150 H.O 2017. Its a good V6 engine. The problem is that i´ve spent 4 times at the dealer with the code 34 every time. All we do to solve the problem is to adjust a bracket and to plug in the oil pump contact. I dont know why this occurs so often. The engine has about 210 hrs on it. Been using it carefully. Please help. Replace to whole engine with a new one or what? Because i dont wanna hear one more time to just adjust those 2 things becuase some engine hours later were back at square one. 

I need a good solution for this. Please help me.

Admiral

If the problem keeps reocurring and the dealer cannot repair it, he can contact Evinrude dealer support team for assistance and you can send an email with your serial number, dealer name, and engine history to  http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

My dealear is superb. The problem is the engine. It comes back all the time. please answer the question.-

Admiral

[ Edited ]

It is not a common problem. If it reoccurs, then the root cause was not corrected peviously. If intermittent, those problems sometimes are harder to find.

As with most engine situations a trained tech should be able to narrow down the component(s) and repair the abnormality. Evinrude has assistance available to their dealers with hard to find troubles.

Code 34 is an electrical open circuit in the oil injector, connectors, or wiring - not an adjustment.

Captain

If someone does´nt fix the problem this time my time for evinrude is over. Btw is therer any settings in the EMM for specific driving like fishing, sporty or comfort?

Admiral

Your Evinrude has the trim-assist programming in which you can choose the profile that the motor will use automatically depending on the type of boat that you tell the EMM.

See your dealer for more information or to set it up for you if you do not have the touch-screen display or iLink.

Captain

150 H:O 2017 In the shop 6 times after just 200 hrs and 1 year!

[ Edited ]

do you think i can get a nw engine? The money back? Evinrude no maintenece for 5 years or 500 hours. After 1 year and 200 hrs i´ve been in the shop 6 times. How do you explain that? Why does like 50 % of all evinrude brake? Everyone keep saying it ios not normal for these engines but clearly it is. I have hade 3 Evinrude engines were 2 of them have had big oil faults. Thats deeply serious. I think we need to change the emm oil tank, oil pump and oil sensor and the elcetronics for the oil pump etc. Or just a new engine. I want professional help.