Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: G2 175hp 2017 issues

Since I am a certified Tech at a dealer and not an employee of BRP/Evinrude I cannot answer your question about engine replacement.
If I had an engine that kept coming back with the same loose connection at a component (oil sensor or pump) then I would first ask about what the engine/boat operating conditions were when the fault occurred, then use ties to stabilize wiring harness and
connections . The next step would be to replace the component (oil pressure sensor) under warranty.
Has your dealer done any of these steps?
Captain

The conditions when it occurs is normal. The first and second time was in a wave but the 3rd and 4th was just crusing at 3750 rpm. No they havent replaced that i think

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your engine situation was explained in last Thursday's response. Please send an email as suggested in an earlier post to get Evinrude After Sales aware of the reocurring problem

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

have done that, will they reply over the weekend?

Admiral

Regular business hour are Monday - Friday

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Why does the problem keep occuring? There must be some explain. The boat has been used in calm conditions

Admiral

The answer is in last Thursday's response, according to the information that you disclosed here.

Captain

It will keep on reoccuring as mentioned by BluewaterBill until the root cause is found. Not had a code 34 problem myeslf and to diagonise an open circuit is not that hard. check wiring harness and as mentioned eariler fit a new oil pump would be a wise move as would be making sure when you jump waves the bracket mounting this oil pump is secured.

Mate

Hi!

I am from Croatia actual Split town.
I by it 2 engines 300 hp Evinrude E tec G2 .
Bad luck from begining one of the Engines reciving alarms for 51,43 and abd 69 engine temperature fault -go emidiatly to service , and we do .
After 4 times checkings engines vy local service we steel have same problem .
I am not abymore fun of this nicely designed engines .
Its a shame
Mate

Hi!

I am disapointed by my problem as well.
I both 2 engines 300 hp G2 and one of them reciiving big problems by beginning and thay are code 51, 43, 69 all by metter of engine temperature fault.
We order service technician 4 times thay come spend some hours change several parts new but steel same problems.
Good help me but i cant wait anymore to fix this problem its passed more than 41/2 mounts.
Any info what i can do

Goran