Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

G2 225 No Alarms engine bogging down within 30min of riding

looking for some help...I just purchased a new boat with a 225 G2 with 190hrs it runs great the first 30 or 40 min but then i go to get on a plane and engine bogs down and won't let me go past 1200rpm..at first I thought this must be the "safe mode" but I dont have any alarms/warnings on my icon 3.5cs display and no flashing lights on throttle to indicate safe mode is active, oil is topped off, Temps seem fine never going above 150ish and I have good water pressure ive tried to power everything down and back up which made a difference once for about 20sec i was able to throttle up but then it went back to under 1200rpm also it starts perfectly everytime... anyone else experienced a situation where they clearly had an issue with engine like this yet there is alarms/warnings...my first time taking it out i filled up with gas since it was very low previous owner said he never filled up all the way and he never experienced the issue im having (on my 1st trip out)...if it was bad gas or water in fuel wouldn't i get an alarm? I'm new to boating this is my 1st boat ever so any suggestions are appreciated!!

Thanks,
Skipper

Re: G2 225 No Alarms engine bogging down within 30min of riding

Model # E225XHAGB
Serial # 054684444