Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

G2 250 Code 1

Excessive Knock code 1. Happens on plane, but I hear knocking rough engine noise all the time while under load.

Just got it out of the shop for hole in exhaust resonator, and newly designed spark plugs.

Now I’m getting this knock and can’t troll at low speeds because of the vibrations.

The code one happens on plane reduces power and like others does not record an error code. Happens while trimmed up for optimal speed on plane.

Back in the shop tomorrow how do I make shut this gets resolved with the next visit so I don’t miss another month of boating?
Skipper

Re: G2 250 Code 1

Turns out I need a new powerhead. One of the read valves came heart damage cylinder one.
Captain

I had my powerhead replaced twice on my g2 250ho and I never was off the water longer than 1 week. The new power head came in within 4 days and it took the dealer less then one day to install it. They replace it with a complete assembled powerhead.

Skipper

Still waiting for mine. Where is your dealer located
Captain

Portland Marine Portland Texas. They bend over backwards for their loyal customers. That's why you have to make sure  from whom you buy your engine.

Skipper

My motor has been with the dealer for maintenance for over two months for several issues.

BRP is providing them with alarmingly slow support. Everything from slow unthoughtout shipments of parts that arrive only to need additional updated parts and specialized tools that are on back order preventing my dealer to compleat service. BRP, you at not doing enough. You need to do better. New motors should not sit on a dealers lot waiting for parts for over a month let alone 2 months to resolve an issue.
Highlighted
Skipper

BRP: my claim numbers are 91145x and 911457.
Captain

After my our last conversation last week Monday I am cruising 4500 rpm everything was great went up to 5000 engine blue up made it back on 5 cylinders 3 days later a brand new power head was waiting at the dealer, it was installed by Tuesday and right now as we speak a BRP tech came down to check my new engine all over and with my local tech they are taking it for a test ride. I'll have it back tonight. You chose the wrong dealer.

Skipper

So this is your 3rd power head?? Who cares how good the service is, 3 power heads is the elephant in the room.  

I just replaced a power head on the same engine and was trolling around looking at others and seeing if it is a common issue.  

TWIN G2 250ho 2003 27 CONTENDER