Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: G2 Start Delay

New G2 switch panel.JPG

New G2 ignition switch numbers.JPG

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Excellent way to reply Bill!
I read the question last night and was going to look up part numbers this morning. Your pictures were a much better reply.
Captain

Took mine in today. Mechanic said BRP gave them a procedure to run thru with the laptop and he said mine is definitely bad. Waiting for the part to be delivered
tjm
Captain

getting ready to take my g2 back to the dealer for the key issue. working on my 4th key and i want to make sure i don't get old stock from the dealer. I was told there is a new service bullitin out regarding the key upgrade with a new key part number. can anyone confirm the new key part number?

thanks

tjm 

Skipper

got my key issue resolved with the new switch.  Started multiple times without issue

Highlighted
Skipper

I have had the same key switch issues.  Dealer changed it out a few months ago and problem resumed after a couple of weeks.  Is the parts list that was provided still valid or are there new part numbers?  I read on another board that there was a new key switch part #5011011 to replace #5010164. I have a 2018 G2 300 with the vertical key switch panel and kill lanyard separate from the key switch.  I want to make sure i get the most updated key switch from the dealer this time. THX.

Admiral

The sleeve that goes over the keyswtich wiring should be gray, not black.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Does this issue throw off any error codes? I’m starting to have this issue with my 2019 259 G2. Also getting a emm0 180 fault code. I’ve checked the 3 caps on top that can come lose and impede the throttle resulting in a 180 and they are all in place.
Admiral

Code 180 means something is restricting the throttle plate movement or something is causing  a stiffness in the operation.  That means you should contact your dealer if all 3 caps are in position