Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

G2 prop help

I have twin 250 G2s on my 1996 proline 2950 . After 91 hours of use I love the engines and have nothing bad to say about them. However I havae rebel 18s on the boat and get to about 5600-5650 with the props at 51 mph. I am happy with the number I see about 1.7-1.8 cruising at 33-to 35 mph. However the boat feels very stern heavy especially with a full load of fuel. I have to run the engines with the trim all the way down till I hit about 41 or burn off 100 gallons of fuel from the 300 gallons the boat holds. When full I have to use a ton of trim tabs as well.

I was going to try rx4 props but I see they have a lot of bow lift and I need start lift or will these give me better stern lift then the rebels? I would like to use less tab and trim and get more stern lift. What props should I try? Does evinrude have a prop exchange program or something?

Admiral

Re: G2 prop help

Propping is a lot of trial and error in many cases.  You may find that the Cyclone propeller series adds a large amount of stern lift which may be to your advantage.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.