Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

G2 tilt ram sinking

I have a 2017 G2 150 HP with DPS.
About 7 hours on it so far. At about 4 hours it was back at the dealer getting some minor issues fixed including raising the motor which they installed too low. While the boat was at the shop getting the work done they contacted me saying that they noticed that when the motor was sitting there tilted up it was slowly sinking / creeping downward. They told me that they contacted BRP and were told to do some basic checks like checking the bypass screw etc. After everything checked out normal they were told to order a whole new midsection which they replaced then water tested and I got the boat back the following weekend which I was very happy about.
This weekend went out for the first time after the repairs and everything seemed ok until I got back to the boat ramp. I tilted up the motor then went and got the car only to see the motor was back down on the trim rams.
When I got the boat back on the trailer and tilting the motor up U can watch it going down very slowly.
It's like an internal leak (fluid bypassing the seal)
This is a brand new midsection doing the same thing
as the first one.
On the way home I dropped the boat back off at the dealer. The workshop will contact me tomorrow as they are not open on Sunday.
Has anybody else had that problem.
Any help would be appreciated.
Admiral

Re: G2 tilt ram sinking

Let us know what the dealer finds out. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

So I got the boat back all working again. They said that they bled and purged the hydraulic system and the tilt ram stays up now. It was possibly some debris stuck in one of the relief valve(s).
Anyway it's working at the moment. See what happens after the next trip.
Captain

Good service by your dealer...and BRP w a new midsection. 

Highlighted
Captain

Yes to be honest I am very impressed with their Service and BRP. The Service manager actually commented how forthcoming BRP is when it comes to warranty claims. They also deal Yamaha's there and he said that their claims can take weeks.