Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

GARBAGE

2011 EVINRUDE E-TEC 50HP, 25 HOURS OF SERVICE AND IT'S GARBAGE, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, BUMPS HARD AT FULL THROTTLE AND BELOW???  REPLACE MOTOR OR THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!  I'M SURE THEY WILL DO RIGHT BY ME...

Admiral

Re: GARBAGE

I'm sorry to hear about your motor. Could you give us the serial number and we will see what the story is?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Sorry Bluewater Bill, the Kudo was ment for you. My bad. Great response to Mr. garbage . Sometimes people fly off the handle.

Skipper

I guess I am lost on this one. Obviously this is a person who want's to rant and not get to the issue at hand! If a motor runs bad, there has to be a reason, and it can be fixed.