Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Gasoline fuel filter/water separator

I have just repowered with a E150DPX ,150 e-tec, I have a racor 320r-RAC-01 which is a 10 micron filter on my boat. Would this be compatible with the fuel rate for this engine? If I would run a t-fitting off of this filter would I be right in running an anti-siphon fitting for 3'8 hose for both feeds to the E-tec and the kicker motor ?

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Gasoline fuel filter/water separator

Your Racor filter is great for your motor.

For a kicker, you cannot run parallel fuel feeds as there is a chance of sucking air  from  the non-running engine due to the vacuum in the fuel system. That would result in a lean running motor and could possibly cause piston damage. A kicker should have its own separate fuel pickup from the tank, or be fed through a fuel selector switch. Talk to a knowledgeable dealer for the proper setup.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I was able to get a second pickup in my main gas tank and now the E-tec and my kicker motor are feeding as individuals but from the main tank, thanks.  When the filter/separator is added into the fuel line for the E-tec other than pre-filling the filter and pumping up the primer ball is there any other concerns or will the primer take care of any air in the fuel system, other than just start the engine ?

Highlighted
Admiral

Filling the filter cannister and then using the primer bulb is all you need to do. Double check all the hoses and clamps. You do not want to "suck air" into the system.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.