Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Grease nipple on E300 G2

Hello,

A friend just puchased a set of 2016 E300 G2's and his grease gun does not fit the nipples on the portiside of the engines.  What type of fitting is required for these?

Thanks.

PS. If I am posting this in the wrong place please also let me know as I am new at this.

Admiral

Re: Grease nipple on E300 G2

[ Edited ]

The grease fittings are the same type on both sides of the engine.

Is your friend thinking that the hydraulic fittings for bleeding the steering unit are grease fittings? They are larger in diameter than regular grease fittings and should not be touched.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

That's probably what's happening, unless fitting has got damaged...
Highlighted
Mate

I don't think the manual shows the grease nipples of G2.

How many grease nipples are there and where are they located ?.

Ilkka.

Admiral

Grease fittings are underneath the pivot caps. You are correct, they are not shown in the operator's guide

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

How do you get at the grease fittings and how often should they be maintained?
Admiral

Remove the large diameter silver or chrome caps and the fittings are visible. Use a quality marine grease such as Evinrude Triple-Guard at least once a year in saltwater environments.

Skipper

[ Edited ]

Do those caps twist off?

Skipper

I see the two screws in the silver cap with what looks like an Allen head.  I can't  figure out the size of the head.  Tried my metric and regulate Allen wrenches and nothing works.  Any clues?

Captain

Torx screws, not Allen.