Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

Help Identifying Outboard

My dad and I found a great deal on a 21' Mako. We initially thought the engine was a 225 FICHT. Even with the FICHT it was too good of a deal to pass up. Once we pulled the cowl we find no EMM, no injectors, just sweet, sweet carbs. The only numbers I can find are E225VXEE. This is stamped into the T&T assembly. I don't see any way to attach pictures. I will try to post pictures then put up links to the photos.
Highlighted
Skipper

Re: Help Identifying Outboard

By the way, Long time lurker. First time poster. This is my second rude. The first is an '86 40hp. I've had good luck with them so far. We'll see how it goes with this one.
Highlighted
Skipper
Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

So the links posted should work now. Hopefully someone can give me some info or point me in the right direction on truly Identifying the powerhead
Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Kwall601 wrote:
My dad and I found a great deal on a 21' Mako. We initially thought the engine was a 225 FICHT. Even with the FICHT it was too good of a deal to pass up. Once we pulled the cowl we find no EMM, no injectors, just sweet, sweet carbs. The only numbers I can find are E225VXEE. This is stamped into the T&T assembly. I don't see any way to attach pictures. I will try to post pictures then put up links to the photos.

E225VXEE is not a valid model number but it is close plus someone stamped it there.  If it is mostly correct the motor is probably a  1993 through 1999 225 carbureted model even though it starts with an E but there were no carbureted V6s that year for Evinrude. Most maintenance and commonly replaced parts are pretty much the same for the '93 through 2000 V6 engines so you should not have problems with repairs.

The silver disc on the back of the powerhead may have numbers stamped on it. Post them here, it may take a week or so, but we may be able to identify the motor exactly from that.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks bill. I looked at the evinrude model number reference manual and couldn't find that model number either. There's some stickers around the carb that are dated 1997. The disk does have a number although it's not a model number. May be the SN. I'll post the number as soon as I make it back home. My 1986 40hp has the engine model number stamped there. I'm thinking the t&t and cowl are donors from a blown 99 FICHT