Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Honesty, it’s hardly ever heard and mostly what I need from you.

I have owned 2 mercury outboards 1 yamaha and this is my second evenrude (new repower 200HO G2). Personally  I'm loving it.. Hope that helps.

Highlighted
Skipper

It does, thank you. 

Highlighted
Captain

I’m on my 3rd E-TEC (06-225hp, 17-250hp HO(G2) and 19-90hp. I also had an 03- 135hp V6 (non E-TEC). I grew up in a Mercury / Mariner household and that’s all I knew. As a matter of fact, Johnson/Evinrude was a dirty word! My first Evinrude was purchased primarily because the boat shop was an Evinrude dealer and I liked the boat. The owner assured me that Evinrude had changed since the late 80’s and 90’s so I took a chance. My 135 hp was less than 2 yrs old when a reed cracked and ruined a cylinder. To my surprise, a new powerhead was shipped right away and replaced and I was back in business within a week. The motor ran fine afterwards. I traded that boat in on a 22 ft with a E-TEC 225 hp. I kept that motor for 8 years without any problems whatsoever. I have to say, that was a very impressive motor. I sold the boat in 2014 and bought a new boat in 2016 with a Yamaha 250 SHO. NOT IMPRESSED!! The motor had no get up and go. Not what I was use to. I sold it (Yamaha) a year later and repowered with a 250 H.O. G2. WOW!!! No comparison in performance. Not even close. And as a bonus, better on fuel economy. Just bought a 19- 90hp E-TEC for my little bass rig and love it too. Don’t worry man! Get a Rude😀
Highlighted
Captain

As I’ve stated before my Jonson 65 hp commercial series out board 1990 is still performing flawlessly. When it is not feasible to repair I will hang  new 40-50-60 hp ETEC on my boat!

Highlighted
Captain

@beerman3 wrote:

As I’ve stated before my Jonson 65 hp commercial series out board 1990 is still performing flawlessly. When it is not feasible to repair I will hang  new 40-50-60 hp ETEC on my boat!

That could be decades, I know someone who still uses a 1956 15 HP.

Highlighted
Captain

I also have a 1971 2 hp Evinrude that I carry in to fishing lakes,I predict it will outlive me!
Highlighted
Captain

Oh, almost forgot! I have an 88’ Johnston 15hp that’s a beast