Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Hour Meter

I have a 200 HO.  Is there an hour meter on enging somewhere?  Or do you have to add that?

thanks

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Hour Meter

[ Edited ]

It would help us if you mentioned what year and what type of outboard. I will assume that it is an Evinrude but do not know if it is a FICHT DI model or an E-TEC but both record the hours in the engine's computer memory. A tech with the diagnostic software and a laptop can access the information and print it out for you.

If your motor is an E-TEC, then things are a lot easier. You can install either the digital I-Command diplay gauges or the new ICON gauges, both of which are capable of displaying engine hours.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

I have never been able to access the hours on the I command guage. How is that done?  I have a 2 year old etec 150

Highlighted
Admiral

Here is an excerpt from the I-Command 3" owners manual:

Add Digital Page

The following data can be displayed by a digital page:

Alt Voltage • Fuel Remaining

• Atmospheric Pressure • Seasonal Fuel Used

• Battery Voltage • GPS Speed (speed over ground)

• Depth • Paddle Wheel Speed (speed over water)

• Engine Temperature • Pitot Speed

• Fuel Economy • Tachometer

• Fuel Flow • Temperature

• Fuel Range • Total Engine Hours

• Fuel Consumption • Throttle Percentage

• Fuel Used • Engine Water Pressure

• Trip Fuel Used • Time

This example adds a quad digital display. Select single digital or

dual digital to display those options.

1. Press MENU.

Use UP or DOWN buttons to select PAGES.

Press ENTER.

2. Press ENTER to select ADD PAGE.

You can download the ICON or I-COMMAND guage installation guide from the Evinrude website. Click on SUPPORT, OPERATORS GUIDES, VIEW, EVINRUDE, ACCESSORIES, INSTALLATION GUIDES - Digital gauges, ICON Installation Guide or I-Command

Also check with your dealer to make sure the gauges and network items have the latest software updates installed.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.