Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

How bout good news!

I figured I’d tell everyone how everything went great today. The motor ran fine, great on fuel and caught a lot of fish. I check out this forum from time to time and look at all the negative. I know that the only time people post on this forum is to vent their frustration or find answers to questions they have about their Evinrude. Thanks Evinrude for showing your underside for the betterment of a great product! This is the 4th summer using my G2 250 HO with no problems. Also, I saw 4 other G2’s out there on the water today. All was good😀
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: How bout good news!

Thank you for the kind words, they mean a lot to us.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Great to hear.  When I have the opportunity, I always make a point of talking to the owners of boats that have Evinrude power on them.  I have yet to talk to one person that doesn't like their motor or who has had any type of 'horror story' similar to what you see posted on the forum.  Smiley Happy   So obviously there are lots of us happy owners out here...

Highlighted
Captain

Alyaz any more alarms?  A one month review? Inquiring minds.

Highlighted
Captain

Just that once.  Have been out fishing a lot since...  Coming up on 40 hours on the engine.  Guessing I will get at least 80 hours on it this season  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Yep, love my etec too.

One aspect of the internet (on any forum) is that it amplifies the "noise". Not saying frustrated owners don't have every right to be upset by a malfunctionning motor, I would be too, but for one disappointed customer, each brand usually has thousands of happy ones from whom you will never hear.

Highlighted
Captain

I have researched these engines and other brands as i am repowering my 22ft chris craft and have heard lots of horror storys on every manufacture but the best review i have seen on the new g2s was Matt in Austrailia doing a 1000 hr review. He was not negitive and in fact said all modern outboards are "good/reliable" but Etec gives you more and thats what im counting on. Im happy to hear the good news and totally stoked about my new g2 200HO thats being rigged as i type this. I should be on the water this weekend and will let you guys know my first impressions soon.  

Highlighted
Captain

fisalt:  Make sure you get us some pics when you can.  Congrats!  Fun stuff!!

Highlighted
Captain

will do alyaz
Highlighted
Captain

Hi all.
I totally agree that some more positiveness needs to be added to this forum.
After reading everybody's horror stories about their engine problems really makes my stomach churn.
Myself having had Rudes for years and currently owning a 150 G2 with just 10 hours on it have been lucky so to speak with being pretty much trouble free so far apart from the usual teething problems when repowering.
To cheer everyone up a bit, there is a great channel on YouTube here in Oz called 'The Captain' who reviews other peoples love of their custom rigs.
This particular one has a guy who Is running a G2 250 HO which has 1700 hrs on it so far and he loves it.

https://youtu.be/33uN8__7TPA