Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

I-Command vs analog..?

I just bought an E-tec 75! Delivered in ~ a week.

With the re-power promotion I heard from the dealer I'd have a choice of the I-Command 'system' or analog. Why would anyone want the analog?!?

I'm kind of familiar with the I-Command so it seems a no brainer. Right?

reelist

Admiral

Re: I-Command vs analog..?

Some folks prefer a traditional dashboard and the older and smaller E-TECs can't use I-Command gauges.
-

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Looking at buying an ETEC 150 and I am trying to decide on which controls to buy.  the dealer tells me to buy the "system check" gauges.  I-Command sounds interesting.  What is the extra cost for the I-command.  Is it worth it or should I save the money now and wait for the future to catch up?

Admiral

You may want to double check with  your dealer. The special promotion that is going on now gives you free System Check gauges or free ICON Pro gauges, not I-Command digital gauges.

For more information on the ICON Pro gauges, refer to the E-NATION article about them.

http://community.evinrude.com/t5/Performance/Technical-Tidbits-Evinrude-Introduces-New-Style-Gauges-...

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.