Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Icon Touch Monitor Changing Screens

My icon touch screen gauge changes screens randomly without operator input. How can I fix this? Screen is stock equipment with my 2015 ETEC G2 200 HO outboards
Captain

Re: Icon Touch Monitor Changing Screens

I have tried cleaning the screen under the assumption it was salt from the air getting on the screen. Is there a way to disable the touch features of the screen to troubleshoot? Perhaps if I disabled the touch feature it would stay on one screen?
Captain

Does it happen when the boat is still, or only when in motion?

Captain

I can't seem to recall if I've seen it sitting still. Definitely seen it when moving.
Captain

In a lot of cases "ghost touches" on any touch screen are caused by a loose connection between the touch screen connector the hardware that drives it. Its usually fixed by opening it up and tightening. If it only happens when moving it could be this.

Captain

Ok. I only see one big connector on the back and it's a square Deutsch style snap in connection.... Not sure that's it but it could be. Maybe it's internal to the pin or screen?
Captain

Sorry, I meant internal to the device. The external connector is for communications and power.

It requires disassembly of the device to fix.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Bluewater352 wrote:
My icon touch screen gauge changes screens randomly without operator input. How can I fix this? Screen is stock equipment with my 2015 ETEC G2 200 HO outboards

Because it happens when you are running the boat and not at rest, it could be a wiring or connection problem in the boat-mounted harness or an issue inside the unit.

With the key ON and the display visible, lightly tug and push on various wires and connectors - You have to perform what is known as in very specific technical terms, a "precision administered scientific motion-activated circuit integrity evaluation. Most of us normal folks just call it a wiggle test. 

Also tap lightly with a finger around the outside and the back side of the display frame to see if anything changes or jumps around.

If nothing shows up, it is time to contact your dealer to check it out.

If the display jumps around while testing, it is time to contact your dealer to check it out.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.