Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Just heard G2's... Issue/ no production?

Just read Mercury and issue's with Evinrude. Is it true BlueWater Bill? Is my 10yr warranty bogus? Will I need to repower my new custom built boat because Evinrude has issue's? Was this a 50 thousand dollar mistake?
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Just heard G2's... Issue/ no production?

BlueWater Bill is hiding under the bed. This is hitting everyone like brick to the side of the head. Mercury Marine is involved, and BRP is all corporate talk with pontoon and "Ghost project" technologies.  The G2 was a market flop, (its ugly) BRP ran away from the saltwater market and didn't bother to advertise in boating and yachting publications anywhere.  We've been sold a bill of goods, BRP took some risks in a product line they never really understood. the motors became too high-tech for thier own good. 

The worst part? BRP won't let somebody else take the reins of Evinrude to save it, they want to sit on it and suffocate it out of existence, like they did Johnson.

Prove me wrong!  Mercury Marine is laughing all the way to the Funeral.

Highlighted
Skipper

All evinrude engines are equipped with a self destruction chip. When evinrude locks it's doors for the last time all engines will explode into junk. Then we are all stuck with a lump of **bleep**.
Highlighted
Admiral

@CC-Hiliner wrote:

BlueWater Bill is hiding under the bed.

Not hiding at all and still employed. Parts and support have to be in effect for many more years for extended service contracts and engine maintenance.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I agree with much of what you said and imho one of the biggest mistakes made by BRP was leaving Ship Shape TV. That really hurt their visibility with boaters everywhere and they allowed Yamaha to step in and get that exposure. 

Highlighted
Captain

I see that this site conveniently removed my last post......I guess its hard to see your Failures for all to see.

Highlighted
Captain

You are a jerk. Go troll somewhere else

Highlighted
Captain

You are a jerk. Go troll somewhere else