Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: *LEMON * 2017 EVINRUDE ETEC 150 HP

Well I have a 30 hp E tech 2015 under warranty and it too is a lemon. I took it in for a blown powerhead which was under warranty got it back 2 weeks later and guess what it still didtn't run right....doesn't have the power it should. That was after a certified tech had misdignosed a blown powerhead for a bad water pump. Overall worse experience I have had with a new under warranty engine. 

Admiral

Hi,

Welcome to E-NATION, we see that you just joined us a few minutes ago.  Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience that you experienced with your Evinrude outboard.

How someone mis-diagnosed a bad water pump for a blown powerhead is pretty amazing.  You may want to express your concerns in an email with the engine serial number, dealer name and location, and your contact info.  Send to  http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html  

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I have a E-tec 225 2011 and I am having oil pressure problems. Ive changed plugs, water and gas separaters and the engine has been running great for the last 7 years till now. The oil pressure alarm has been set off, and the engine is not turning. Lastly, I believe the computer is not allowing the oil to come into the engine or maybe the oil container which is full has a sensor and it is faulty. My captains name is Tin Can and I am located in the Florida keys. My lively hood relays on this boat so any help would be appreciated.
Captain

The oil pump has a pressure sensor on it. When the computer sees a low oil pressure signal it will limit the engine speed to protect the engine. If the oil tank got low or for other reasons air could have gotten in the oil lines. This often can be flushed out by running the self winterization procedure a few times.
Admiral

What is the engine model and serial number?

The NO OIL alarm and warning light can mean several types of problems from the injector, sensor, trapped air, or wiring. The Evinrude diagnostic software reads the error codes in memory and tells which type of issue caused the warning.  Most of the time it is trapped air in the lines from the oil tank to the oil pump.  There is also an improved air bleed procedure that entails removing the sensor that your dealer should be aware of.

For dealers in your area, go to https://www.evinrude.com/en-US/find-a-dealer.html

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you for your reply, am away from the vessel this morning, and Am sad , couse Am Not on the Water . I’ll get back to you with more info . This is a 225 E tech , year 2011 , is ben a good ride on my Dusky 😎⚓️
Highlighted
Admiral

One other thing, check the bottom of your oil tank for slime or sludge (and water) which can plug up the oil filter screen up in the engine, before the oil injector.

A turkey baster works well, especially with a 6" length of hose on the end - suck it up from the very bottom and squirt into a jar.