Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

[ Edited ]

I wanted to know exactly what engine you had and how old in case you have any tech questions about it after the dealer gives you his report. You see, there was no 2006 150 E-TEC, it was first introduced as a 2007 model which yours is.

Just like you can buy a 2016 car today and its was built in the year 2015. You would license it and insure it as a 2016 model, not a 2015 model.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

That is interesting. Every thing i have from the dealer told me it was a 2006. I wont deal with that dealer anymore for many other reasons. No need to get into that here. I droped it off today at a well known dealer that you can trust. I should hear from him in the next couple of days. I havent heard of any problems with the 2007s. That makes me feel a little better. Did they have any power head issues? I will let you know what they find out. Thanks for the help Bill.

Admiral

The letters  " SU " in the model number state that it is a 2007 model.  There should  be one more letter at the end. Look at the serial number tag on the motor. That tells of any midyear production changes.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

No paper work i have shows any more letters after the su but i'm stopping at the dealers today and i will find out if there is any. Thanks again Bill

Admiral

The final letter is printed on the sticker on the motor that also has the serial number on it

Skipper

Hey bill. Just got bad news. The last letter is s. The dealer just told me there is a bearing going out in motor. The motor only has 155 hrs on it. I even had the extended warranty but ran out while i was unable to use the motor do to healh issues. They are talking 11,000 to fix it. I'm praying you will stand behind this one or i'm looking at a 17,000  loss. Nothing even showed up on the computer that there was a problem. Please stand buy your product.

Waiting for reply as to what i should do.

Skipper

evinrude 30 hp  will not start and no lights come on it's a 2011 

Highlighted
Skipper

Just found out they had to put a new power head on the 2008 150s because of this very problem. Evinrude needs to stand by this. There should have been a recall. I shouldnt have to pay one red cent to get this repaired. 155 hours on this motor and taken care of. This boat, motor and trailer looks like it came off the show room floor. As you can see i'm very upset and with good reason. Just got done being put on hold for 15 min and had to here over and over again how Evinrude stands by their product. I guess we will see if thats true. Someone please respond.

Skipper

Has anyone out there had this very problem and how did Evinrude deal with it. Please reply
Skipper

I will post what and if they stand by there products. You can count on that.