Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: MORE E-TEC ENGINE PROBLEMS

[ Edited ]

A laptop with the diagnostic software will tell if there are any electrical problems including ignition that are keeping the rpm reduced. A cylinder balance test will show the ones that are not generating their correct power output and then you can troubleshoot from there. See your dealer for the troubleshooting procedures.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Well Blue water Bill how’s this? I bought a 2018 g2 high output 250 to run on my charter boat. HUGE MISTAKE!! Worst mistake of my life. Loosing Memorial Day weekend (4500$) in trips, July 4th weekend 2020, 3700$, two weeks last August 11,000$, plus many other weeks and weeks for steering repairs, kits and you name it’s. Plain and simple.
After spending 30k to buy this motor I have had to spend 15,000$ to keep it barely running. Evinrude has spent nearly 40k (warranty and good will) on top of what I was charged. The service department just charged me 1300 for diagnostic hours, no fix. There is nobody to call at Evinrude. They took our money and ran. We were the Ginny pigs and now the left is hanging.
In 2000 hours in two years I have been towed in with a charter 10 times. Talk about embarrassing!! Pulled in in front of the whole fleet of charters (my peers) Is deplorable, unethical and there will be a class action lawsuit for sure. I will gladly be a strong part of this.
Try going all in on a business dream, then hide your motor issues from the public, (we have 6000+) followers who haven’t heard one thing publicly about this tragic purchase and BRP needs to be publicly called out. It’s bad for my business to have taken so many lives in my hands with a POS motor.
I’ve never seen a new Yamaha, Suzuki, mercury or any new motor being towed in all the time and at every shop. By the way the resale value on these motors is NOTHING!! I’ve spoken to many motor buyers and sellers up and down the east coast, nobody wants em. I don’t blame them. What do you say to that Bill??
Extremely used Captain Bill in Virginia Beach. Playin Hookey Charters.
I had to take this motor off my boat after only 2 years and am going with a Yamaha 300. Who cares how good Evinrude customer service WAS, if you loose one weekend a month, and keep embarrassing yourself and company. Even with every penny back in my pocket 45k for one motor that I changed plugs every 2000 hours and filters at 50 and 100, this motor is Defective, and the agony and embarrassment will take years to get past mentally. I can’t list all of the issues The motor had, including obvious manufacturing defects. I’m not a typist with 20 pages.
757-619-3530 anybody need to verify their case using mine, for a lawsuit. I will be a big part of that lawsuit.
Mercury should hire me to tell them all the motors flaws when they remake the technology and sell it in the future. With an actual hood cover, not stupid panels.
Captain Bill in Virginia Beach. Playin Hookey Charters
Highlighted
Skipper

Captain owner operator.
Highlighted
Admiral

I am really sorry to hear of your experiences. Those are unusual to say the least. What is the name  and location of your servicing dealer?

Have you contacted Evinrude directly either by email -   brp.care@brp.com  -  or by phone at  (844) 345 4277?   If not, please have your serial numbers handy when you do.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.