Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: Member of the E-Tec Blown Engine Club

I don't think its boat related.  When the repairs were completed, I had the shop empty the tank, new hoses, and I've only ran XD100 oil since new.

Captain

Brian with the humidity levels in South Mississippi we see the aluminum anti siphon valves on the fuel tanks stick and restrict fuel flow. I'm working on a Triton right now that tested good a year ago when we rigged it but now a vacuum gauge on the fuel supply line is indicating a restriction.
Skipper

I'm in Madison, MS but fish mainly in South LA.

What is the answer for the problem?

Why aren't other manufactures having the same problems as frequently as E-Tecs?

Skipper

STILL WAITING...

Captain

[ Edited ]

They do. I just looked at a video of a Mercury 150hp (4 stroke) with 1 hour on it. A connecting rod was thrown right out the engine case. The issue was exactly this one, A lot of folks with all brands put vaccum meters on the fuel line for this reason. I realize you are not happy about this, but this is a  common problem. If any internal combustion engine runs lean of fuel (car, boat motorcylce, whatever) this will eventually happen.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10216387477910100&set=p.10216387477910100&type=3&theater&ifg...

Skipper

Well i went to the dealer yesterday and ask for status.  

The factory rep asked for the fuel pressue test and it cheched out fine, so that was not the issue.

Hopefully they will give me an answer this week.  

It's a shame that I'm having to charter a boat to go out this weekend and spend another 4th of July, not on the water!

Skipper

Went to the dealer again yesterday...we called the Rep again and left another message on his voicemail.

Still waiting. 

This is the second year in a row that this engine is in the shop on the 4th of July.

Skipper

Went by the shop.  They told me that they were told they would have an answer by tomorrow.

45 days and counting...Not happy with the motor, not happy with the response from factory, now the dealer is so backed up with boats, I don't see me getting it back this summer.  Not happy.

Mate

[ Edited ]

I just can't believe how difficult it is to find Evinrude authorized service. Our family has owned nothing but Evinrudes for over 50 years. In fact, my late father-in-law won 2 world championship boat races with Evinrudes and later carried them as the primary motors in his marina and boat sales businesses. He is probably rolling in his grave with all the issues that occur nowadays....again...just finding competent repair and maintenance service. No one seems to want to be bothered with Evinrude, the boat dealers, the repair shops, etc. Yamaha seems to be eating Evinrude's and others lunch.  And we are not in Piskey Switch, Nebraska or some offbeat location. We are in Jacksonville, FL. and the Florida Keys. Florida is the boating capital of the US if not the world. I just don't get it. In the meantime, I continue to frustrate myself operating my 2006 ETEC 60 and my 1999 FICHT 225. Too expensive to throw away....too hard to keep running with few service facilities. What to do??

Captain

Here on the Mississippi Gulf Coast we have several Evinrude dealers within 20 miles and they all give good service.