Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Member of the E-Tec Blown Engine Club

[ Edited ]

Shop called and said that they found one of the problems.  The "complete block assembly" (this is the second one they ordered) from Evinrude came with bolts on one side that were loose so I was loosing compression.

You can't make this crap up.

Should I seek legal advise?

Highlighted
Admiral

If you retain legal services, all communications stop, any offers are no longer valid, and your attorney can only talk with BRP attorneys. Everything ceases and you may be without your boat for quite a while.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Bill,

"All offers"  What offers?  I have not heard a peep out of Evinrude.

I've basiclly been without my boat since February of 2017.  Three years.

Do you have someone I can reach out to or could you have them contact me?

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@ROACH wrote:

Should I seek legal advise?

If you have legal council, we cannot converse with you. Your advisor should have explained that.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

I have NOT retained counsel to pursue this matter at this time.  

I would love to have someone contact me with a reasonable solution.  

I will be sitting on the bank for another holiday.  This engine should have been replaced by the manufacture.

Highlighted
Admiral

Your dealer is your main point of contact and they contact Evinrude dealer support if there is any type of situation that they cannot handle and the dealer files a case number with them. You can talk to  or email customer service and its best to have the case number handy as well as the  engine serial number but factory decisions normally go through the dealer as they are the ones who can do the troubleshooting and testing of the motor.

brp.care@brp.com

844-345-4BRP (US/Canada)