Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Model Number question

I found a service release for the pressure relief valve for my engine. The models covered in the release show E250DCXSE.

My Model number is E250DCXSEB. Is that the same model? I was not sure if the B at the end was some sort of designation within that model.

The Bulition is Date: June 20, 2012 No. 2012-02(W)
MODELS: Evinrude® E-TEC® 200 – 300 HP 90° V6
(3.3 and 3.4L) Outboards
SUBJECT: Pressure Relief Valve Assembly

I confirmed that I have the older style valve. 

Thanks,

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Model Number question

[ Edited ]

The last letter is just a production code. Your motor is included in the service bulletin.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Can you explain more about what each letter means. I was told starting in 2012 the last number would always be A then 2013 B then 2014 C and it would continue on down the alphabet with each year...is that true. It seems like I remember reading that somewhere but I can not remember the exact details.

The reason I ask is because I recently purchased a new E150HSLAAB. I was told it was a new but a leftover 2013 motor. 

H= High Output 

S=  Saltwater...my motor will never see saltwater I just bought it because I got an excellent deal on the motor.  It's my understanding that mechanically and performance wise it is the same as a non saltwater motor. With the difference being the saltwater motor has a few stainless parts to help protect against corrosion.

L= Lighting gear case

A...no idea

A...no idea

B= 2013

If that is correct can you explain the AA​

Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately you were misinformed about the last letter of the model number. An explanation of the new numbering system follows. Evinrude joined the other major outboard manufacturers and no longer refers to engines by model year, just by model number. There is a manufacturing date printed on the serial number tag of each engine.

Your motor is an Evinrude (E) 150 hp  high output model (H), saltwater rated (S) , 20" shaft (L) model AA (AA) and production code (B).

MODEL IDENTIFICATION

The first two characters identify

Model Version:

AA A First major variant

AB A Second major variant

AF A Third major variant

Beginning in April 2012 outboards will:

• follow the model identification

shown above.

• subsequent versions continue

through the alphabet as AG, AH

etc.

• will not use letters from the word

INTRODUCES to identify models.

The third character identifies

Model Revision:

AA A First revision

AA B Second revision

Subsequent revisions continue

through the alphabet in order

(A through Z).

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks for the info

Highlighted
Mate

Hi forum

Im unable to find a guide that makes 100% sense when I decipher my model number.

Can someone tell me what each letter mean?

Particularly interested if this is a 60 or 90 degree model.

e150dpxsuf

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Highlighted
Admiral

@Kmass wrote:
Hi forum

Im unable to find a guide that makes 100% sense when I decipher my model number.

Can someone tell me what each letter mean?

Particularly interested if this is a 60 or 90 degree model.

e150dpxsuf

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

E = Evinrude

150 = HP  -  a 150 is a 60° engine

d = E-TEC

p = power trim

x = 25" shaft

su = 2007

f =  a production code