Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Motor issues

I got my ranger with a evinrude in feb, same thing well that was one issue out of many
Wish I would of got different motor, but I like what evin rude was offering with maintain ce now I know why
I wish they would replace my motor it spends more time in the shop than on the water it the biggest regret I've ever had buy an evin rude
4 months old been in the shop more then water
Every time I gone out I have had issues
1 trim would stop going down took two trips to the shop to fix it
2 over heated
3 over heat alarm still going off every time (turn off it rests it's shelf)
4 computer issue alarm goes off if you run it over 5 mins
5 bad injector
6 motor decelerates after running top speed for 3-5 mins

O by the way my new motor now has a skegg that has been scraped up pretty good due to trim stuck in down
Wish they would replace it
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Motor issues

We are sorry to hear of your experiences that you mentioned. That is not normal for an Evinrude. Could you post the engine serial number and your contact information and I will forward it to the appropriate department for review. Again, accept my apologies for inconveniences.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

115dpl

Smithlandon82@gmail.com
Highlighted
Admiral

What rpm does the engine reach at full throttle with a normal load of people, gear, and fuel aboard?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.