Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

NMEA 2000 Inputs Available From ECM

I have a NMES backbone that is connected to a LMF 400 and a Lowrance HDS Gen 3 and my 2009 ETEC 130.

Can the ECM supply fuel flow data so that fuel rate, mpg, and fuel used?

The HDS recognized the ETEC connection.  There is an EP 60 fuel flow meter connected, but I don't trust it.

This system was originally set up for my 1975 Johnson.

Thanks Mike

Highlighted
Captain

Re: NMEA 2000 Inputs Available From ECM

The EMM will provide a calculated fuel flow rate in gallons per hour.
Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

Thanks Rick.

I have an EP 60 flow meter, but the HDS in the network screeen shows fuel flow in the ETEC device, but I was not sure which one was being displayed.

I have noticed in the "instruments" screen on the HDS there is a fuel flow and mpg readouts, but they do not register unless the engine is over 2000 rpm.

Is this what I should expect? Or has the wrong input programed?

Highlighted
Captain

From your description I believe the fuel flow input source on your HDS is set to use the EP60. Most likely since the EP60 "reads" fuel flow from an internal spinning turbine it is not able to sense the very low fuel consumption rate of an ETEC engine at low speed. Try disconnecting the EP60 from the network, if data disappears on your HDS then you will need to go into a configuration/data source menu.
The term "fuel manager" is used for electronic modules that can remember fuel tank size, gallons added, read GPS input, then calculate MPG and fuel used on trips. The HDS gen 3 has a fuel manager built in and only needs the gallons per hour flow rate from the engine EMM.
The LMF 400 is basically a display only device and requires an external fuel manager module such as the EP85. The EP60 also has a fuel manager built in but will only use its own flow data.