Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

New Evinrude news...

[ Edited ]

I took a spin around the site to see if this has been discussed yet, but didn't find anything.  If I missed it, I apologize.

Evinrude is apparently coming out with a new engine or at least new engine news.  Any ideas?  Some think it may be a V8?

I kinda hope it's not a G2 version of the 135HO I am currently getting fitted to my new aluminum boat build  Smiley Embarassed

Highlighted
Captain

Re: New Evinrude news...

1. I can guarantee you, it  won't be a V8. My guess is a 4 cylinder, probably inline.
Highlighted
Captain

My guess.  Is an all new 9.9 with battery less Eli.

Highlighted
Captain

Efi

Highlighted
Captain

Evinrude is seeing the rest of the outboard industry pass them by,  especially with with this latest trend in Mega Outboards.

Impractical is it may seem, people are paying big $ to put 3, 4 or 5 monster outboards on a 40+ foot hull, and once again, Evinrude is nowhere to be seen, (not even in the conventional recreational markets)

So it's hard to say, They may be bringing the "G2" platform down to the V-4's next. 

They might want to try to get the G2 to run right, and quit replacing powerheads before they do though.

I miss the G1's

Highlighted
Captain

With the clean rigging of the G2 and all its features, i'll bet its a 350hp G2. I'm not sure the G2 technology makes sense below 90hp. I could see them making a G2 inline 4 for the 115/90hp line.
2017 Tidewater 1910 Baymax
Evinrude 150HO (M: E150HGXABH S/N: 05500627H MFDate: 6/17)
Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Admiral

In the US,  click on  www.evinrude.com/en-US?redirect=false

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Will the G1 135 HO still be produced?  If not, how long can one expect company support on it?

Highlighted
Admiral

The 135 HO will be phased out as the G2 140 hp goes into production.

Evinrude still supports the 15 year old original E-TECS, carb motors from the '70s, '80s, '90s plus still provides maintenance parts for 50 & 60 year old outboards from the middle of the last century.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.