Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

New Prop Hub short on shaft of E30DPSL

[ Edited ]

Has anybody come across this loose longitudinal fit on the splines when changing props?

Decided to increase the blade count and inches of pitch by one each (3x10.3x12 >>> 4x10x13).

Prop Fit.jpg

My Evinrude dealer just called as I am typing this and says there is a spacer shown on his parts diagram that goes between the nut and the hub but apparently wasn't needed on the OEM supplied prop (nor would there room for it if the cotter pin shaft hole is to line up with the castle nut slot).  I'll add the spacer tomorrow.  Seems odd but no big deal I guess ???

Prop Spacer.jpg

Captain

Re: New Prop Hub short on shaft of E30DPSL

Guess I'm not the brightest bulb on the string! The spacer was there all along; just look at the top right quadrant of the photo!!!
When I took the original prop off the spacer remained on the surface and seem to be part of the hub. I had noticed the different shape and tried to remove it (but not very hard apparently). Anyway, after a few good runs it just fell off when I took the prop off again.
Captain

Re: New Prop Hub short on shaft of E30DPSL

Be aware that depending on what brand of prop you buy you may need a differnt thrust washer.