Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Re: New g2 problems

Let me know how it turns out. Good luck!
Highlighted
Skipper

I will post for shur with the out come of this...
Skipper

what happening with motor has brp taken care of this or what ,concerned buyer also

Skipper

yes , a mountain of problems . code 36 , code 140 , then of course the best of all , my brand new 2016 G2 300  took it out one time and the Helix that is on this new steering system that they have,dropped out of its position and could only steer one way. the marine place that I go to said that a entire new steering unit needs to be replaced. What a piece of crap..... should of went with a Yamaha!!!

Captain

That is one impressive hole shot sir!
Ranger Ryan
Admiral

I cannot blame you for being frustrated and aggravated at this time. Please accept our apologies for the experiences that you have encountered.

Please ask your dealer to contact his Evinrude Dealer Support Team right away about the motor's issues. Also please send the engine serial number in an email to  brp.care@brp.com with your contact information and a brief description of the engine history. They will look into the situation for you.

Again I am sorry for the inconveniences that you had to put up with and Evinrude will do everything they can to get you back on the water quickly, the engine operating as it should, and to keep you as a satisfied customer.

Don't forget to compare that serial number that you gave us to the one on the motor, please.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

We bought a new 250 g2 and wondering if having power steering problems ours works sometimes and it is as loud as the motor when idoling

Captain

What does it sound like?
Ranger Ryan
Captain

Is their stearing problems with the G2s? I just bought two 300s and waiting for them to ship now.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

The very early production  G2 outboards were limited to certain specific hydraulic helms but later models were changed to accept any popular hydraulic steering helm.  There was a recall for a select number of engines back then to check the internal steering stystems, it was for a limited serial number range and subsequent engines, like yours, are not affected.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.