Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: New g2 problems

I just bought 2 etec g2 250ho's for mu boat. They have not been delivered yet to the dealer. After reading this is it safe to think the problems addressed here have been fixed and/or updated in the motors I am getting? Is there anything I should make sure of before my boat leaves the dealer?

TIA,

Stuart

Highlighted
Captain

Evinrude is very good about improving their products to address any problems that arise. The new engines being produced for you will have all of the improvements.
Your dealer should go through a pre delivery inspection and on the water test to verify that the installation and set up is correct.
Highlighted
Mate

Good Morning E-Nation... I am in trhe process of purchasing a slightly used 2018 30' Center console that has 2018 300hp  ETEC G2's with a four bladed prop set up... I'm an old school guy and grew up with go fast boats set up with big block motors and super chargers. This will be my first center console and first go round with outboards. My friends are all telling me I am making a HUGE MISTAKE considering the 2 stroke Evinrude and should go with 4 Stroke Yamaha or Mercs. I need peace of mind and am looking for some encourgaement as to why these are good motors and not to be concerned. 70 hours on motors with an extended warranty til 2028... ANY positive thoughts/comments or words of encourgaement are needed. The boat will be used primarily for pleasure crusing with occasional fishing. I'm in south Florida.

Thanks boating friends Smiley Happy   

Highlighted
Captain

Depending on where you are in south Florida, good dealers/mechanics are crucial and you can read that about everywhere.

and w that warranty, you are covered.

Highlighted
Captain

Both a big block Camaro and a station wagon will cruise nicely. My G2 customers enjoy cruising beside the 4 strokes then hitting the throttle and leaving them.
Highlighted
Captain

All I can say is my 250HO g2 has had it's share of problems. I use her all year and fish 30 plus miles from the dock. The most important thing is that you buy your engine from your local dealer, so you know when you have a problem they will take care of you immidiately. Do not expect prompt service if you have a used or new engine bought somewhere else. I had a crack in my exhaust manifold and was off the water just one week. Thanx Portland Marine.