Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: No oil alarm

@chris175 wrote:

is the no oil senser in the tank,can it be disconnected

The oil tank only contains the LOW OIL switch. It can be disconnected and does not affect anything. It's circuit goes directly to your SystemCheck gauge.

The NO OIL switch is pressure activated and  threaded into the oil pump assembly on the motor. It looks very much like a traditional oil pressure switch on a car with a single wire coming off it. An oil injector with an electrical problem can also activate a NO OIL alarm.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I have a 2008 250 etec and oil alarm keeps going off. had air bubble in lines so dealer replaced oil tank and lines. no oil light went off again so they changed the oil pump. no oil went off again and now it's a mystery. oh yeah this is after powerhead replacement with 3 hours. I think evinrude won't be the next motor I purchase
Admiral

It sounds more like parts swapping than finding out what is causing the alarms.

If the system is not bled correctly after each  new part is installed, you will still have alarms.

Ask your dealer if the tech followed the latest bulletin on bleeding trapped air  -  #2016-04(S) Rev C

You can also contact Evinrude about your reoccurring problem by emailing the serial number, dealer name, and what you wrote here to  http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I have a 2006 Evinrude etec 115, first the engine cut out just off idle speed, went to restart then oil alarm sounded. Turned key off again pumped oil and fuel and started it up then white smoke started pouring out and running very rough so i shut it off and got towed home. After reeding into the etecs i find out that there is alot of the ssme problems out there, can anyone tell me the end results of getting it fixed if this has happend to you?
Mate

I have a 2006 Evinrude etec 115 and it cut out whilst just off idle speed. Went to turn it back on and oil alarm sounded. Pumped oil and fuel and restarted then white smoke started pouring out and running rough. Shut it off and got towed home. Can anyone tell me about there experience with this same problem and what the result was?
Highlighted
Admiral

@Gilfish wrote:
I have a 2006 Evinrude etec 115 and it cut out whilst just off idle speed. Went to turn it back on and oil alarm sounded. Pumped oil and fuel and restarted then white smoke started pouring out and running rough. Shut it off and got towed home. Can anyone tell me about there experience with this same problem and what the result was?

What is your engine model number as the 115 HP Evinrude E-TEC came out as a 2007 model? We need accurate information to be able to help you out.

What warning light came on when the alarm sounded?