Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: No oil alarm

Glad to hear that it is operational again.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Same exact scenario happened to me today with my 5 month old 115 etec. I heard the awful noise and fear I damaged the cylinders. ?
Skipper

my 1998 evinrude 175 has a no oil light and buzzer coming on at idle speed only when it comes on it goes in safe mode.if i shut the ignitin off and restart it ,put it in ger and go up to around 2000 rpms i can go on forever with no light or buzzer.this dont happen all the time but it does intermittantly.Its been like it for 300 hrs or more and this engine runs fine,can anyone help me,is there anyway to bypass this low oil sensor or switch,

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Ledgedweller1

Please give us the complete model number and in your own words, the engine symptoms, and if anything was done or changed before the problem occurred.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

@chris175 wrote:

my 1998 evinrude 175 has a no oil light and buzzer coming on at idle speed only when it comes on it goes in safe mode.if i shut the ignitin off and restart it ,put it in ger and go up to around 2000 rpms i can go on forever with no light or buzzer.this dont happen all the time but it does intermittantly.Its been like it for 300 hrs or more and this engine runs fine,can anyone help me,is there anyway to bypass this low oil sensor or switch,

We need the model number of your motor before we can answer your question. Thanks.

Skipper

ok ill get it for ya tonight

Mate

E115DSLAFI - cruising at 3/4 throttle. Oil alarm sounded. Immediately shut it down, turned it off. Tried to pump my oil primer ball but it was tight. Restarted no alarm at idle then 20 seconds later sounded again. Shut it off. Waited a few minutes. Tried to restart and it smoked and sounded horrible. Thought I blew it up. Got towed in.... end of January my fuel pump cracked and had to replace the pump. Under warranty. No problems since. I talked to my certified dealer AB Seas marine. He believes it’s air in the oil sensor or line. Has advised me to run it at idle and pump the primer ball until it smokes. Then shut it down. Hopefully you agree
Skipper

HI,GUYS MODEL NO. E175FPXEEN

SERIAL NO. G 04640413

AS I SAID NO OIL LIGHT COMES ON WHEN AT IDLE,TURN OFF IGNITION AND PUT IN GEAR AND THROTTLE OVER AROUND 2000 RPMS AND THE ENGINE WILL RUN PERFECT FOREVER.IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN STOP THIS LIGHT AND BUZZER FROM COMING ON.ITS BEEN LIKE IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND 300 RUNNING HRS.

THANKS

Admiral

@chris175 wrote:

HI,GUYS MODEL NO. E175FPXEEN

SERIAL NO. G 04640413

AS I SAID NO OIL LIGHT COMES ON WHEN AT IDLE,TURN OFF IGNITION AND PUT IN GEAR AND THROTTLE OVER AROUND 2000 RPMS AND THE ENGINE WILL RUN PERFECT FOREVER.IS THERE ANYWAY I CAN STOP THIS LIGHT AND BUZZER FROM COMING ON.ITS BEEN LIKE IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS AND 300 RUNNING HRS.

THANKS

Your motor is a 1999 model which is quite different than a '98, although they may look similar.

It is possible to have more than one problem component and that a thorough troubleshooting by the factory service manual procedure is the best way to find out what may be at fault. The system oil pressure has to be checked at low speeds.

It is likely that the oil pressure sender could be out of spec, the oil pump worn and not building up enough pressure at low speed, or the oil pressure regulator could be faulty.  If the motor is blowing blue smoke and using excessive oil in addition to the no oil warning, the oil injector check valve could be stuck open. Don't overlook a restricted oil filter inside the tank or a problem or air leak with the oil hose and connectors.

Skipper

is the no oil senser in the tank,can it be disconnected