Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Non ethanol gas

Having trouble finding non ethanol fuel in my area.  Have been using evinrude 2+4 fuel treatment in every tank .. Found some possible non ethanol fuel but it 93 octane.  Don't mind paying the extra money to keep my engine running great but if I can't find it and need to switch back to 87 ethanol with the fuel treatment will switching back to 87 after using the 93 cause any problems.  Engine requires min 87 it is a 2014  50 hp e-tec.  Thanks

Captain

Re: Non ethanol gas

NO ISSUE.I have a 2011 etec and only use 87 which is mostly e10 ,since ive owned new and used same fuel in my 82 90hp for years ,again no issues.Eth is a fantastic fuel system cleaner and i can bet you whatever, the problems asociated with eth are mosty dirty systems being cleaned out and plugging up.

Admiral

Re: Non ethanol gas

Use the 87 octane with the regular mixture -not storage mixture - of 2+4 fuel additive.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.