Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Port Fuel Injector, 1999 Evinrude 225HP Model E225FPXEEO

5000607 Port Fuel Injector, 1999 Evinrude 225HP Model E225FPXEEO

I had issues with my original #4 Fuel injector and was told it needed to be replaced.

I purched the exact used fuel injector .  and it was replaced the mechanic said he couldn't calibrate this correctly.

does anyone know what the proper way to do this is.

Do you need spefic software and cable ( which cable) what software

or is there a specific code that needs to be entered into the the program?

Admiral

Re: Port Fuel Injector, 1999 Evinrude 225HP Model E225FPXEEO

Those older injectors when replaced came with a 3-1/2" floppy disc with the coefficients needed to register them with the EMM. 

For FICHT and DI injector rebuilding and recalibrating, contact www.dfitechnologies.com . They are not associated in any way with BRP Evinrude but they have a repair service for EMMs and injectors.  I understand that they can rebuild and recalibrate those injectors and furnish the new coefficients for installation.

Because an injector is an integral part of the emission system, the EPA has strict rules and regulations concerning them.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

thnx I will follow up.

But I have a question why are these injectors available online and in marine stores if they cannot be programmed. They say there software available that will allow the system to find the replaced injector and set it up ???

Highlighted
Admiral

New ones, if still available come with a way for dealers to obtain coefficients.  Used ones do not.  If you buy new from someone who is not an authorized Evinrude dealer, you are on your own. 

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.