Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

Prayers

Please Dear God,
Don't let me experience all the motor problems I keep reading on Enation!
Amen!!!
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Prayers

I Agree,when my wife and i are 100 miles offshore i feel so confident with my 150 etec. Amen.!

Captain

In year number 2 with my E TEC wuth no issues great power Great fuel use but I don't beat it up. In guiding it runs from spot to spot at about 25 to 30 mph.  I will put another on on next years Princecraft for sure.

Capt. Pat Harrison
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@JerseyMike wrote:
Please Dear God,
Don't let me experience all the motor problems I keep reading on Enation!
Amen!!!

Jersey Mike,

You have to put things into perspective.  Of the millions of Johnson and Evinrude engines, you only see a miniscule percentage who have had problems. If you study the posts here, most are typical questions and the others are rigging errors, propping errors, accidents, or not adhering to proper maintenance - nothing to do with the motors themselves.

Visit any Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler dealerships and notice that their service shops are filled with new cars needing fixing. Does that mean that every Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler owner should pray that their car won't need servicing ?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

In all fairness. Almost every internet forum is negative. Very few people come to a forum to talk about how great everything is. Us humans are a strange bunch.
For the record. My 115 ETEC impresses me every time I go fishing.