Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Prop Selection 250 HO G2

I just got my new 2016 520c with a G2 250 HO.  So far I love the motor and everything about it after a few trips.  I am looking a buying a backup prop.  The dealer outfitted it with Raker II 28 p and it really hauls. I was curious if a RX4 might be more fuel efficient and if so 25 or 26 p?  I fish Kentucky Lake, so its normally rough.  Thanks for your suggestions.

Admiral

Re: Prop Selection 250 HO G2

[ Edited ]

You may want to read this test report.  What is your top rpm and speed?

http://www.evinrude.com/Content/Pdf/neutral/performanceReports/1169_G2_250HO_RangerZ520c_Bass.pdf

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

[ Edited ]

Bill,

I just got the boat and havent had a chance to optimize, only being on the water one day.  I have achieved 72.1 and it was still climbing.  On the next calm day, I am going to try to play with jackplate to see what I can achieve when playing with the jackplate.  I had seen the test report.  I just read some other owners raving on the rx4 and was curious, as I was looking at getting a back up prop and didn't know if there might be better options.  I am not a high speed junkie, and don't want to risk harming the life of the engine or lower unit.  The dealer (a platinum dealer) said he had achieved 75 mph with a 521c and the 28 Raker II.  I trusted the dealer and I figure Evinrude does too as he happened to have a small prototype motor that Evinrude had him testing out.

Highlighted
Captain

I picked up a little speed and RPM's with my Rx4 keeping the same pitch.  However, my Ranger is a deeper hull model.  I will say that turning sharp and accelerating is very impressive...it gets a grip!

Ranger Ryan