Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Prop for top performance

Ok i have a 225 etech 2011 model i have it on a 201 pro stratos i now have a raker II tbx prop on it it does good has a lot of steering torque and a little squirlel on wot which im running around 5800 to 5900 ive been told that one of the best props is a mercury trophy plus how doe this stand up to a renegade tbx and will the mercury work on a evinrude? ( or do i have the best combination now running 74 gps at wot

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Prop for top performance

Can't answer about other brands of props but I'd recommend a bit more more pitch to get the rpms down to around 5500-5600 rpms which may give slightly better speeds. Propping is an art so try various ones to find out which is best all around for your application.

Often you may need 2 props, one for light loads and top speeds, and another for heavier tournament loads on hot muggy summer days.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.