Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Questions about E-Tec 115 HO

Hi!

Im helping a few pepole who compete with the Evinrude E-Tec 115 HO and i wonder if the engine give the highest power at 5900 rpm, because its hard to go over 6000 rpm? They all wanna be at 6100 to 6200 rpm but then they need to drive at very small props and all the speed is gone.

I have heard that there is no idea to have that high rpm but i just need a good explanation so they understand that they dont need to have so much rpm....

On my own raceboat im around 5600 rpm and thats enough, but they cant understand that.

(Im from Sweden, thats why the spelling...)

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Questions about E-Tec 115 HO

A 2012 115HO develops its max power at 5750 rpm and has a redline of 6000 rpm..

For racing, you are on your own as there is not warranty on the motor if used for that purpose.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.