Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Quit trim button of Evinrude 25

Hello, I want to quit these parts(red circles) of my Evinrude Etec 25. But I have seen that before is necessary to quit the trim button.

Can anybody help me? Thanks

C5947821-4E1A-4934-A27A-5058C3F96442.jpeg

Captain

Re: Quit trim button of Evinrude 25

To remove and replace the twist grip handle the wires for the trim button have to be removed from the connector under the tiller handle cover. It takes a small tool pick to get the wires out of the connector.
Skipper

You mean that I have to quit this part? I have quit it. I am in the correct way? Exactly, what cables i have to remove?Evi 1 (002).jpg

Captain

Yes, that bottom cover. Inside you will see a connector with 3 wires. Red, blue, and green.
Skipper

When I am in front of the engine, I send you a photo without the cover and you give me details.

Thanks

Skipper

Hello, I attach the photo of the part without cover. What conenctors I have to quit?

Thanks

IMG_2818.jpg

Highlighted
Admiral

Trace the harness with the blue, green, and red wires - those are for the trim button.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

What harness I can’t see it. Then, when I quit the harness that you tell me, what I have to do?

thanks

Mate

in the photo just above the red push button switch there is a blue, red & green wire. You need to follow them to the 3 pin connector & remove connector.
Skipper

And after quit the button, it’s necessary to make another special thing? For example, it is necessary to quit the trim button to liberate the throttle?
Thanks