Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Raker HO prop

[ Edited ]

I am currently running a Raker II 14 1/2" x 24" prop on my 2012 200H.O. ETEC, I am looking at getting one of the new Raker HO props. Wondering if any of you have used one and tinkered with the VVP (Varible Vent Porting)? My current prop does great, but I am thinking I might be able to get a little better holeshot with some vent port tuning. Also wondering if I should stay with the same diameter and pitch on the the Raker HO? Thanks 

Admiral

Re: Raker HO prop

What rpm and speed are you gettin now and what kind, model, and size of boat?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Boat is a 2013 Ranger Z518...18'9". Speed 70.2GPS with tournament load and 1/2 tank of fuel. Maybe a little less now since I added 2 PowerPoles and swiched from series 27 wet cell to series 31 AGM batteries. Cannot even remember what WOT rpm's were, I seldom go there. Dealer I bought the boat from set up the plate height and prop'ed it for right rpm's. I am really not trying to eke out more speed, but I like knowing I can cover water quick when I need to. I need a spare prop and I was thinking the Raker HO might be a good option since I could play around with the holeshot without going 4 blade or changing prop pitch and giving up a lot on the topend. I do have a holeshot plate on my 8" Slidemaster manual jackplate.

Admiral

Please find out your top rpm and how long it takes you to accelerate up on plane, then post the numbers here so we can give you accurate answers.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Will do next time out. Probably be next week. Thanks