Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Ship Shape TV sponsor

Does Yamaha sponsor Ship Shape TV now instead of BRP? I do not see them listed as a sponsor and the last show had yamaha outboards in it?

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Ship Shape TV sponsor

Ship Shape TV now has Yamaha as a sponsor

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Can we infer anything from this change of sponsors - i.e. is John Greviskis unhappy with BRP or dissatisfied with the quality of the product or  is it  as simple as BRP no longer choosing to be a sponsor and Yamaha jumping in to take their slot?

Highlighted
Captain

I dont understand it. You just did the really cool repower with the twin 150 E-TEC's. I mean all his boats seem to have a Evinrude and he is always talking about the advantages of the E-TEC. How is he going to brag on the Yamaha while riding around in a E-TEC powered boat. I would rather watch paint dry than the episode they just did with the triple 350's. I dont know maybe he can do his 8 minute show on replacing the flywheels on the 350's and how to scope the dry exhaust on the 225's and how since they are dry exhaust extra flushing really will stop them from rotting out. Then they can do some cool episodes on the big block HPDI models also. He should have plenty to talk about. I have stopped my DVR from recording it now anyway. I can not stand Yamaha but would like to know whay the change, and also one final tid bit. God forbid they talk about more than one outboard maker at a time. BRP should buy all the commercial time and show the video of the Evinrude pulling the Yamaha under water over and over and since they advertise more than they do the show they will get more air time anyway

But no joke Bluewater Bill do you know why the change. If they are trying to hit a larger market I get it. But how can you talk about a motor being better then turn around and talk about another. If he says  Yamaha is better how am I to believe anything else he says. 

Highlighted
Admiral

That decision was between John Greviskis and BRP folks above my pay grade.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.