Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Thinking I made a mistake.

To All, 

I repowered my 27 Contender earlier this year with 250 G2's and have had them in the shop TOO many times this year. I would think after paying $50,000.00 for two BRAND NEW engines they would at least get through a year without; Throwing codes, shutting off, going into safe mode, general fault codes, DPS codes, low oil codes, etc. This is frustrating to no end. 

I would like to say that my dealer (Murray Marine) that sold me these things is awesome! Very attentive and accomodating. For instance, I was fishing in the Key West Marlin Tournament and they immediately had me bring the boat iin to fix the issue. They have done this on numerous occasions, throughout the year, and they are the only reason I haven't gotten rid of these motors. I suppose that I have been duped by the hype of salesmanship, and sold a "pig in a poke". I should have listened to my friends and gone with what most charter fishing guides down here use.......Yamaha's. 

I'm going to give these motors another six months, I am at the end of my patience. If at the end of this time period these motors haven't met my expectations then I'm going to get rid of them and buy the new Mercury's or the bulletproof Yamaha's

Rant over

Admiral

Re: Thinking I made a mistake.

We are sorry to hear that your Evinrude outboards have not lived up to your expectations, please accept our apologies for the resulting inconveniences.

You may email your concerns along with the engine serial numbers and dealer's name to   http://www.brp.com/en/forms/contact-us.html  and they will investigate

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Your link seems to be broken, I filled out the form and it gave me an error message. Smiley Frustrated

Mate

Well, I brought it to the dealers and they "fixed" the problem. I also called the customer support line and they said they couldn't do anything and to call after the dealer fixed the problem, then they could do something for me. The engines were not used for a month and a half. I took it out yesterday and got codes "ESC fault" on the port as well as low power mode. On the starboard engine I got low power mode and the starboard engine but before that, the starboard engine would not maintain the same rpm as the port engine. I guess I got lemons. Any suggestions people? if not, then it's going to be YouTube time.

Admiral

Did you contact Evinrude again to tell them of the ongoing issues?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

[ Edited ]

I contacted the dealer. They told me I could bring it in a week from now. as per their previous instructions. are you suggesting I call them again?