Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Trying to identify my Evinrude Outboard

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased a 1987 Bayliner Capri  1900 with an Outboard Evinrude Motor .  There is no identification plate on the motor. I was told it could be a 1987 140 hp Looper V4.  But I want to confirm. Attached are photos  of the outboard and  frost disk  with  what I was told is the serial number  G2289736.  The cowling was painted all black.  If anyone recognized this model please let me know I would realy appreciate it. 20200515_191227.jpg20200515_191235.jpg20200515_191254.jpg20200515_191315.jpg20200515_202831 (1).jpg

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: Trying to identify my Evinrude Outboard

It's between a 1988 and early 1994 and will check after the weekend

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thank you for your reply.  Hopefully you can  identify the outboard  after the weekend.  I realy apreciate you taking your time to  help me with this .

Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

@BluewaterBill wrote:

It's between a 1988 and early 1994 and will check after the weekend

Did you get a chance to lookup the serial number to  identify the outboard ?  Thanks

Highlighted
Admiral

Have not heard back yet. The factory is closed for the past weeks with only a skeleton crew. Things take a lot more time to get done especially with the holiday weekend approaching. Be patient, we have not forgotten you.

You can delete your duplicate post. Thanks

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

G2289736  =   TE120TXCE 

Highlighted
Skipper

Thank you so much for the identification.  So it's a 1989  120 hp V4 Looper