Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: Way too much oil consumption on my new 200hp g2

I emailed brpcare and they sent a chart showing props for certain boats and the prop on the boat is one of three on list. The other two were the ones mentioned above. My digital gauge has never showed me getting above 5250 rpm but the tech at dealership says his computer shows 5500 and they will not trade props.
Captain

What engine do you prefer? The 200 HP G2 or the 200 H.O G2, is the torque much better in the H.o one? Looking for a high performing engine without adding much weight. How is the combustion change from the diffrent blocks on WOT? IS it a big diffrent in combustion per hour?

Admiral

Not sure what you mean by combustion change.

The 200 HO is a larger displacement engine with more torque and performance potential than the regular 200 HP model.

For more information visit www.evinrude.com

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

The 200 hp is a 2.7 liter block and can have either the Trac remote steering or the DPS power steering. The 200 HO is the 3.4L block and comes with only the DPS. Depending on the model chosen the 2.7L could be about 40 pounds lighter. The 200 HO probably has about 20 more horsepower so it could make up for the weight. All of the 3.4L engines, 209HO, 225, 250, and 300 weigh the same. All G2 engines have much more torque across a broader range than the G1 engines. You mentioned a light and high performance engine, while the G2's have amazing power, Evinrude does make "race engines" with a lot of aftermarket racing parts for them.
Skipper

Ordered a new boat a couple months ago with a 150.  I take delivery in APR 2019 and you guys are scaring me with this thread.

Captain

Please do not let a couple of bad comments tarnish your choice.I have many friends who like the performance of their ETEC engines! Sincerely Beerman3

Captain

Yeah like beerman3 said, there are alot of people who love their G2's. I'm one of em! I have a 250 HO and am on my second year owning it and no troubles . I repowered from a Yam 250 SHO and there is no comparison in performance gain. Not to mention the great warranty and the low maintenance costs. Dont Worry!

Highlighted
Admiral

@WiscPontoonGuy wrote:

Ordered a new boat a couple months ago with a 150.  I take delivery in APR 2019 and you guys are scaring me with this thread.

From reading the previous posts, you should not be scared but should be secure in knowing your new motor is technologically advanced enough to know that if it is rigged or propped incorrectly, that it has the ability to add extra oil for protection from damage.  The Evinrude E-TEC engines are a marvel in technology, both ecological and mechanical.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Also have to add in the "WOW" factor of cruising at 3500 rpm and still having instant accelleration when you hit the throttle.
Skipper

So all these test comparing 4 stroke with new evenrude being 15 percent more fuel.effiecient are bull**bleep** as they are not factoring oil consumption...