Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

Re: Way too much oil consumption on my new 200hp g2

Prop size is estimated by the dealer based on what you were running before, the problem is the G2 has so much more power it can very. My dealer let me run 3 props before settling on what im running now. (18 pitch 5900 WOT) with 3/4 tank of fuel, 2 adults, coolers and gear. I havent really been concerned with oil consumption other than checking the tank each trip as i have only around 70hrs on her so far and havent seen anything alarming. I do alot of trolling and burn very little fuel on most trips so far. Next time i fuel up i plan on topping the oil and then i"ll see how much oil i use per gal. of fuel as i believ the motor is just breaking in. BTW she purrs like a tiger at idle and the jetski'15.JPGs cant keep up when she runs.

Highlighted
Skipper

So after all has been said I have ordered a new g2 c150ho..what sold me was good looks, torque, service intervals size and weight. From what I have researched their may be a problem with air step hulls and airyated cooling water. If oil consumption is added to fuel consumption the they are similar figures to 4 stroke engines...wish me luck.
Highlighted
Captain

You'll like the smallblock G2, they have been a stellar performer and the competition has nothing close to compare to them.  The power difference is phenominal.  

Highlighted
Captain

[ Edited ]

I have a 250ho g2 I fish far away use  23 gallons of fuel and a little more than half a gallon of xd100 on each trip back and forth at least 60 miles. On top of it I run around 5000 rpm. Love the performance and happy with the fuel and oil consumption. 

Highlighted
Captain

Specman1, sounds like you're pushing a heavy load with an average 46:1 ratio. Still not a bad cost considering what you are saving on fuel costs. Every one of my G2 owners are very happy with their engines.
Highlighted
Skipper

[ Edited ]

Evinrude does NOT require XD-100 to be ran in their new G2 motors nor the older G1 models.  ONLY recommended.  They will cover warranty with any TC-W3 rated lube.

In EU, got lots of full synthetics that provide as much or more engine life and protection as the XD100.

Do I buy BWM oil for my BMW 750x drive on warranty, NYET

Do you buy Bentley dealer oil for your new Mulsanne?

Ravenol J1V2101 2-Stroke Marine Oil - Outboard Full Synthetic NMMA TC-W3

Synthe Nautic Armorine SAS

TOTAL NEPTUNA 2T BIO-JET

Ultra High Performance two-stroke engine oil for Autolube and Premix systems formulated with fully synthetic base oils. Product dyeing: blue.

Ultra High Performance two-stroke engine oil for Autolube and Premix systems formulated with fully synthetic base oils. Product dyeing: blue

Have you priced the Yamaha, Suzuki and Mercury 4 stroke rated oils in EU?
Try changing a 4 stroke's oil here in the US docked in a marina with NO oil change restrictions or had our US CG or Candian CG seize your vessel for oil change spill in the waters.  No boat until all fines and costs paid in full.

Boat pull out by dealer and oil change on 2 of the new V8 Mercs is about $2000 USD here.

Highlighted
Captain

speckman1, got a picture of your boat? 

Highlighted
Captain

myboat.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

done.