Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

What is the best replacement prop for my 75HP Etec

Just got my new 2013 75HP Etec  on my Alumacraft 165CS and would like to change the 3 blade aluminum prop that came from the factory to a 3 blade stainless steel prop. Which replacement stainless steel prop would you recommend?  I like the performance of the factory prop so would just like a replacement in stainless. Sorry I don't know what the pitch is on the aluminum factory one?

Thanks

Helix

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: What is the best replacement prop for my 75HP Etec

We need more info.

You need to chose a prop to get the engine in the optimum rpm range at full throttle with the boat normally loaded with fuel, people, and gear.

There are different style props depending on your budget and applications.

Here is a link to a propeller booklet from Evinrude that explains things very well.

http://www.evinrude.com/Content/Pdf/en-US/PropSelectionGuide_766315.pdf

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

I forgot to add that it is best to choose a propeller that allows your motor to turn in the 5000 to 5300 rpm range for best results.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

The Full Throttle OPTIMUM RPM for your engine is 5200rpm. So it is important for many reasons to prop to this RPM at Full Throttle. With the full load you are carrying on the day. Advantages will be lower fuel & oil consumption, great acceleration at all RPM's from idle to Full throttle. No lugging. A longer lasting motor & many other advantages.

BRP Evinrude is the ONLY Outboard Manufacturer to have OPTIMUM RPM's available for all their E-TEC range.

Highlighted
Skipper

Just an FYI.  I have a Lund Explorer 1700 tiller with a 2008 75 E-TEC on the transom. I have the E-TEC rigged on the third hole down.  I am running a stainless 13.25 x 15 4 blade Rogue prop.  This prop offers a great hole shot and keeps the boat on plane at a lower RPM.  Propping a boat properly is kind of a "black art".  A lot of trial and error.  Listen to Liquidnirvana.  He is sopt on with his advice!

Jim