Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Admiral

Re: What year is my old Evinrude??

Sheridan1 wrote:
What H.P. and year does 6502M-E02656 belong to.

1965  6HP

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Can anyone help me with the same question for serial number:?

5302A-B03244

Admiral

@seanarneyWI wrote:

Can anyone help me with the same question for serial number:?

5302A-B03244

1963  5.5 hp

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

[ Edited ]

1278123_10151619483375756_318502603_o.jpgSame Question... Plate missing from motor. Johnson Seahorse 6, think it is 1973 but parts sites show 4 models listed from that year. Looking for the exact model number. I think the SN is C0012691. (Round metal plate off engine block). I need to replace gear shift lever as it broke and want to find the correct replacement. It had been replaced by a previous owner with PN 278026 but this part number is listed for an early 1960s Evinrude model. It is compatible but may as well find the right part if i can.

Mate

[ Edited ]

Never got a reply on this post. Already fixed with some L brackets, bolts, steel weld, and epoxy as the repair quote at a local dealer was more than the motor was worth. Quoted $375, fixed for $35 (CDN). Much stronger than it originally was and have had it out on the water a few times to test with no issues.  Would still like to know what year the motor is in case something ever comes up in the future. 

20180404_083835.jpg

Admiral

Sorry, somehow I must have missed your original post.

The motor cover decals are 1973. Without a model number it is difficult to find out exactly which engine as Canadian serial numbers are not available for lookup.

The 6 HP was basically the same motor for years so common tune up parts and stuff should be easily found.

Mate

I have this model, too.  My serial number is 5524R-11981.  I tried to upload an image of the motor, but I keep getting a message, "an unexpected error occurred."    Any ideas on where to get an owners manual and/or parts list for this model?

Admiral

@47303 wrote:

I have this model, too.  My serial number is 5524R-11981.  I tried to upload an image of the motor, but I keep getting a message, "an unexpected error occurred."    Any ideas on where to get an owners manual and/or parts list for this model?

5-1/2 HP  1962

order factory manuals and parts books from www.outboardbooks.com