Highlighted
Admiral

Re: What year is my old Evinrude??

@perk wrote:
What year is this
5512-09044

1956  5-1/2 hp

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

I have a evenrude 5516 but it has a 74 hood for a fisherman. Could the upper half be a 74 or just a hood swich
Highlighted
Admiral

@wilcyr wrote:
I have a evenrude 5516 but it has a 74 hood for a fisherman. Could the upper half be a 74 or just a hood swich

5516 model Evinrude is a 1958  5-1/2 hp. They did not make a 1975 5-1/2 plus a fiberglass hood from the 1970s would not fit on that old of an engine.

Or possibly is the 5516 on the engine block where it may be installed on a 1974 6hp engine?

Pictures of the powerhead, the whole motor, and the motor cover may help to decifer the situation.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Same what year is this..

5502 s c460573
Hood is black evinrude .
Highlighted
Mate

Any info on the 5502 s c 460573
Hp? Spark plug recommended...50 to 1 oil gas???
Highlighted
Admiral

@Chouinards wrote:
Any info on the 5502 s c 460573
Hp? Spark plug recommended...50 to 1 oil gas???

1965  5 hp

50:1

Champion J6C   gap-  .030"

Highlighted
Mate

What about a 5524R-06140 ?
Highlighted
Admiral

@Popfish wrote:
What about a 5524R-06140 ?

1962  5.5 hp

Highlighted
Mate

My evinrude serial # is 5520. 11612 what year ? And maybe options