Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Winterization etec 300 hp G2 etec 2015

Dear sirs
Its the first time that the boat gets out from the water for the winter .
In the manual there is a procedure of winterization but its not mention should i flush the engine with antifreeze ( here gets -18 degree celsius ) , should i change filters and how , should i change oil of the gear box ?
I will really appreciate if you give me advice how to prepare the engine for minus 20 degree celsius !
The engine is : 300hp etec G2 2015
Admiral

Re: Winterization etec 300 hp G2 etec 2015

[ Edited ]

Follow the winterization procedure in the operator's guide that you received with the motor. Anti-freeze is not needed in an outboard motor. Make sure that the engine is left if the vertical postion for long enough to fully drain out any water after the winterizing. It is aslo recommeded to store  it vertical if possible.

You may change the gear oil if you wish or if it is due but at least check it for any water or water mixed with the oil before storage. 

There are articles and videos on storage procedures that can be found online.

NOTICE:

When winterizing is finished,

leave the outboard in vertical position

long enough to completely drain the powerhead.

If equipped, disconnect the

speedometer pickup at the upper connection

and blow all water out of the hose

using air pressure of 25 psi or less.

Reconnect speedometer pickup after all

the water has been removed.

3) Top off oil tank.

Extra engine oil is used during the winterization

procedure. Some excess oil may appear

on the skeg below the gearcase area. This is

normal.

Avoid potential oil stains by placing a shop

towel or suitable container under the propeller

and skeg for the duration of the storage.

Winterization is complete when outboard

shuts itself off.

If the outboard DOES NOT shut itself

off, you may not have allowed enough running

time at a throttle position.

If the engine exceeds 3000 RPM, the outboard

may have been shifted into gear.

In either event, immediately turn key switch

OFF and re-start the procedure.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Re: Winterization etec 300 hp G2 etec 2015

A few tips here that you might useful https://www.selfboatstorage.com/winterizing-a-boat/