Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Winterize twin engine etec g2

Hi,

I own a dual engine etec g2 pontoon with twin 300HP engines. While pulling the boat out of the water this year for the first time I winterized engine 1 with out issue. When I chose engine 2 the "winterize" button would not trigger the process no matter how many times I touched the button. Has anyone else expereinced this?

Admiral

Re: Winterize twin engine etec g2

I can assume that the second tach and its display screen information work OK on the #2 engine, right?

Try winterizing using the throttle method described on page 42 of the operator's guide.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Everything else on the ICON display functions properly (TACH, etc), when pressing the winterize button on the screen for engine 1 the winterize process executed properly, after selecting engine 2 I press the winterize button and it does nothing. It really seems like a software issue no error or other message is returned, the button does not change either to indicate that it has been pressed. I will review the throttle option.

Skipper

Winterize.png

Skipper

[ Edited ]

On the graphic above I press engine 2 (which then activates/"lights up"), and then press the winterize button but it does nothing.

Admiral

Please be patient as I have forwarded your question and am awaiting an answer.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

I have been asked to obtain the software version from your display.

Press the menu/setting button on the lower left. Touch the up-arrow in the bottom center of the screen. The software information will pop up.

Skipper

Thanks I will get it this weekend. Appreciate the help.

Admiral

If you can, just for grins and giggles, have both motors running and see if the #2 engine will then winterize. If so, then try winterizing the #1.

Captain

Let us know what version firmware is in your instrument.  I believe it is simply a matter of updating the same.